Sunday, October 3, 2010

GBGC Quickie - Love Will Tear Us Apart Again (Joy Division)

This has always been one of my favorite songs. I can nowhere near begin to emulate its greatness - the intro of the original just gets my heart pounding like nobody's business. Well, this version is probably not going to have that same effect on you - unless you're into out-of-tune guitars and hot rollers.

But speaking of fetishists... "routine bites hard". Even the most die-hard of stalkers give up the chase after a while. It seems this phenomenon has effected Grahamophone's Bad Guitar Channel. After gaining so many new subscribers on YouTube this week, and even a new blog follower who is a perfect stranger to me, someone who I thought to be my biggest fan cancelled his subscription. Well, if as in this case I can gain 14 subscribers for every one I lose, I'm in pretty good shape. You win some, you lose some, but I am not tearing myself apart over this one.

"Yet there's still this appeal that we've kept through our lives."

So - here I am with my hair up in curlers in preparation for a benefit concert in the Naxos Halle in Frankfurt. The Bad Guitar stayed at home....

No comments:

Post a Comment