Tuesday, May 11, 2010

GBGC #8: Don't Stop Believin'

Faithful viewers of GBGC will know that I tend to poke fun at 'ze Germans' from time to time. But, much like my renditions of classic rock and roll hits, it's my own way of showing affection.
If I find myself starting a sentence with "The reason it's funny is ...," then I know I'm either talking to someone who just doesn't get me, or I'm talking to a German. Or both. I forgive them, because they know not what they do. Nor do I make it easy on them.
My first seven videos were (in my humble opinion) pretty funny, and then I go and make this one. This confuses the Germans, for they think I have been "acting" funny in the previous videos. Fact is, in this video as well as in GBGC #1 With or Without You, for example, I was just sitting there playing guitar.
Why is it that the first one was funny and the other is melancholy? Shouldn't Journey's timeless hit, as featured on the hit TV program "Glee" be uplifting and full of joy?
Good question. You tell me.
This wasn't "meant" to be funny, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't laugh. It wasn't meant to be anything other than a Momentaufnahme in the life of an artist who goes by the name of Grahamophone.
Nobody puts Baby in a Schublade!

No comments:

Post a Comment